Content

What’s the weather like? -- ¿Cómo está el clima?

It’s sunny (está soleado)

It’s windy (está ventoso)

It’s cloudy (está nublado)

It’s snowy (está nevado)

It’s rainy (está lluvioso)

 


Grammar:

Present Progressive or Continuous

We use it to express actions that are happening in this moment, actions that are in progress.

 

I am teaching.

He is running in the park.

We are studying English.

 

 

Structure:

Subject + am/is/are + verb in base form + ing + comp.

She is studying Mathematics.


Verb to be:

I am

You are

He is

She is

It is

We are

You are

They are


Negative form:

I am teaching.

(-) I am not teaching.

(-) Im not teaching.

 

He is running in the park.

He is not running in the park.

He isn’t running in the park.

He’s not running in the park.

 

We are studying English.

We are not studying English.

We aren’t studying English.

Were not studying English.

 

Spelling:

Study = He is studying.

Come = They are coming

See = it is seeing

Do = I am doing

Run = We are running

cvc

put = she is putting the cutlery.

 

Time expressions:

Today

Now

Right now

In this moment

At the moment

This ……….

These……..

Look

Listen

 

I listen (listen) to the radio every day. (simple present)

I am listening (listen) to the radio right now. (present progressive)

 

Questions:

1.   Yes/No questions


He is listening to music.

 

Is he listening to music?

Yes, he is

No, he isn’t

 

 

 

You are working hard.

Are you working hard?

Yes, I am

No, I’m not.

 

Am I teaching English?

Yes, you are

No, you aren’t



Unit 9

Grammar:

We can use the modal verb CAN (poder), and we use it in the following situations:

1.  Abilities

2.  Possibilities

3.  Permission

4.  Request.

 

 

1.  Abilities:

I can speak English.

Stephanie can dance.

Francis can play basketball.

Israel can dance regueton.

Structure:

Subject + can/can’t + verb base form + c

 


Jenny can singer

Guido can to play ecuavolley

 

 

Negative form

My sister can bake.

(-) My sister can’t bake.

 

He can ride a horse.

(-) He can’t ride a horse.

Questions:

You can iron.

 

Can you iron?

Yes, I can

No, I can’t

She can speak four languages.

Can she speak four languages?

Yes, she can.

No, she can’t.


Unit 10

Grammar:

Simple Past.

We can use the simple past with:

1.    Regular verbs.

2.    Irregular verbs.

 

1.    Regular verbs

Work = worked

Clean = cleaned

Jump = jumped

Watch = watched

Like = liked

Play = played        stay = stayed

Study = studied       cry = cried          fry = fried

Chat = chatted           stop = stopped       shop = shopped

 

 cvc

Except (W,X,Y,Z)

My friend cleaned the house.

You cooked dinner last night.

They visited the mall.

 

Structure:

Subject + verb past + c

 

Negative: We use auxiliary verb didn’t (did not)

My friend cleaned the house.

(-) My friend didn’t clean the house.

 

You cooked dinner last night.

(-) You didn’t cook dinner last night.

 

They visited the mall.

(-) They didn’t visit the mall.

 

Time expressions:

Yesterday

Last …….

Ago        I went to Miami two years ago.

             (yo fui a Miami hace 2 años)

 

            My cousin arrived to the country three hours ago.

          (Mi prima llegó al país hace 3 horas)


Unit 11

TO BE (Past)

I was

You were

He was

She was

It was

We were

You were

They were

 

I was unhappy.

My teacher was strict.

We were scared.

They were tall.

Structure:

subject + was/were + adjective.

 

I was a teacher.

She was my friend.

They were my students.

Structure:

subject + was/were + noun

Noun:

People

Animals

Things

 

He is working (Present Progressive)

He was working (Past Progressive)

 

Negative form:

He was my teacher.

He was not my teacher.

He wasn’t my teacher.

 

They were friends.

They were not friends.

They weren’t friends.

 

 

She was angry.

She was not angry.

She wasn’t angry.

 

Questions:

You were tired.

 

Were you tired?

Yes, I was.

No, I wasn’t.

 

She was a lawyer.

 

Was she a lawyer?

Yes, she was.

No, she wasn’t.

 

I wasn’t good with numbers. I wasn’t good in Math.

 


Unit 12

Grammar:

Noun:

People

Animals

Things

 

Singular Nouns

a = 1                             an = 1

a banana                    an apple

a melon                      an orange

a lemon                      an eraser

a watermelon           an umbrella

 

I have to take a test in …anhour.

I bought …a…. house.

 

 

Plural Nouns

melons

bananas

houses

boxes

dictionary = dictionaries

 

Countable Nouns

We can count the nouns.

houses

people

vegetables

bananas

tangerines

bill (billete)

coins (monedas)

 

Uncountable Nouns

We can’t count the nouns.

Uncountable nouns DON’T HAVE plural form.

milk                a glass of, a bottle of, a liter of

coffee              a cup of

water

sugar                a kilogram, a pound (una libra)

rice

salt

meat

bread

money

Quantifiers

 

COUNTABLE

UNCOUNTABLE

Example

Many

x

 

There are many students.

Much

(negative sentences)

 

x

I don’t have much sugar.

How many

x

 

How many people do you have?

How much

 

x

How much money do you need?

Few (pocos)

A few (pocos)

x

 

I need few books.

Little (poco)

A little

 

x

I need little salt.

Some

x

x

I have some friends.

She needs some milk.

 

A lot of

x

x

She has a lot of notebooks.

They have a lot of water.

 

 

1.  
I have money but I have few friends.

2.   I don’t have money but I have a few friends.

 

What would you like to eat? ¿Qué te gustaría comer?

I would like to eat …….

I’d like = I would like


What would you like to drink?

I’d like to drink a cup of coffee.

either (ider) = tampoco

thirsty = sediento

Some      (+)

Any        (-) and (?)


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Video

Vocabulary

Excercise